Guest Post: Caramel Pumpkin Roll

Guess whose back! Adeeba whom I mentioned in this post a while back, shared her tasty Olive Oil Cake with a Grapefruit Glaze a while back is now back with a perfect fall treat!

Hello again... I was once again invited by Farhana to share a recipe on her blog. Fall is my favorite time of the year and we had a lot of fun baking during this time last year. Farhana and I did our first experiment with a sponge roll cake last year. My husband loves sponge roll cake so I had to experiment couple times to perfect it.


I have been looking for a pumpkin treat to try and I found this. So I had to give it a try. Here is the step by step recipe for the roll....

Caramel Pumpkin Roll

Recipe adapted from my baking addiction

Ingredients
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2/3 cup pumpkin purée 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
2 tbsp caramel sauce



Procedure:

1. First of all preheat oven at 375 F. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice.
3. On a stand mixer with paddle attachment or hand beat together egg with the sugar for 1 minute.
4. Add the vanilla, caramel sauce and pumpkin. Beat for another minute or two. Scrape the sides so that everything is mixed well.
5. Now add the dry ingredients and beat until everything is well incorporated. 
6. Spread the batter on the pan and smooth it out with the spatula. Bake for 13- 15 minutes until the cake springs back when you touch.
7. Have a tea towel or paper napkin ready with powdered sugar spread evenly on it. Once you get the cake out put it upside down on the towel and peel the parchment paper off. Then spread some powdered sugar on cake surface and roll it along with the towel.


As the cake is cooling, go ahead and make the frosting. Here’s what you need:




1⁄4 cup butter
6 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp caramel sauce
1⁄4 cup powdered sugar








Beat all the above ingredients together until the frosting looks fluffy. You can add more caramel if you want. 

When the cake is cool to touch, gently unroll the cake. Spread the frosting evenly with an offset spatula. Roll the cake again and sprinkle with some powdered sugar. It is ready to eat 

Thanks to Farhana again for letting me write on her blog. Enjoy and don’t forget to check out her new Facebook page!!!


Adeeba

I hope you all give this recipe a try, cause I know I will! I love everything pumpkin, except pumpkin pie, I'm weird like that! I'll be back in a while with a few other pumpkin recipes, so please follow along on any social media of your choice.

Enjoy!
Farhana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!