January Book Review

Everything I have been doing these days is either related to school or the Seahawks (hehe!). So, for today's post I thought that I would change it up! This year started off on fast forward with my graduate project, class load and job hunting, so I told myself that would try and read at least a book a month. IF I manage to finish a book, as I did this month, I will share my two cents here on the blog.


I came across this book when it was recommended to me Amazon, probably based on my other reads and reviews. And for once Amazon was right. I say that because I bought a book based on Amazon's recommendation and it turned out to be thicker than a dictionary. Thanks but no thanks, I like to keep my books short and sweet.

According to Amazon...

"Bernadette Fox is notorious. To her Microsoft-guru husband, she's a fearlessly opinionated partner; to fellow private-school mothers in Seattle, she's a disgrace; to design mavens, she's a revolutionary architect, and to 15-year-old Bee, she is a best friend and, simply, Mom.

Then Bernadette disappears. It began when Bee aced her report card and claimed her promised reward: a family trip to Antarctica. But Bernadette's intensifying allergy to Seattle--and people in general--has made her so agoraphobic that a virtual assistant in India now runs her most basic errands. A trip to the end of the earth is problematic."

Once I saw the words "Microsoft" and "Seattle", I knew I had to give it a try! And it did not disappoint. This was a very quick and short read, took me a week, that's while I was reading my textbook and other novel.

The format of the book is a little bit different with letters and emails, along with a narration from Bernadette's daughter. If you live in Seattle like I do, then you won't need an imagination, you'll be able to visualize everything as you have seen it and laugh at the jokes as you will probably agree with most of them, as I did.

Before I give too much away, go grab yourself a copy, get a warm drink and blanket and enjoy a night in!

My rating : 5/5 stars

Happy Reading!
Farhana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!