#craftingnotcoding: The Crafty Card Class [January 2015]

Now that football season is over, I thought it was high time that I made the cards from my January card kit and share them with you. (yay for not forgetting to sign up on time!) This month Colleen put together cards with a Valentines day theme. I am not big on Valentines as you might have noticed from the lack of red and hearts on the blog. But I do love using V-day ideas for anniversaries, so that's what I'll be using these cards for :)


As I might have mentioned before, even if you can't make it to the class at Ben Franklin Craft and Frames has extra kits sold after the class, that's what I get :) On too the details of the cards then.

1. The "Circles" Thank You Card
I really hope metallic never goes out of fashion. Maybe is the Desi in me, but I like my gold and silver everywhere and in everything! Love pairing it with black or red!


This card is so simple. that I just need a sentence to describe it! Either punch or die cut multiple circles in silver and gold, then layer them together in sets. Stick them randomly on to a white card stock as the layer sheet on a black card base.

2. The "Wood" You Card
This is supposed to be a "Wood you be my Valentines?" card, but as I am not a fan of v-day, I left the sentiment blank and I will probably fill it in when I find someone to send it too :)


So this card has a brown card base, layered with a wood print paper and embellished with glitter heart, golden doilie and a blackboard label.

3. The "XO" Card
I really liked this card, so whom ever of my friends has a anniversary coming up, this will probably come your way! And I think that I am going to recreate it soon, with a more generic theme.


So get some matching scrapbook paper, cut two rectangles and two squares. Add them to a card base, then a matching sentiment on top and finish of with a bow made with a matching ribbon.

4. The "Subway Art" Card
Love the color scheme on this one! And Subway art is the in thing, right!


So get a scrapbook paper with a bright print and one with wording. Cut them up, layer and ta-da you have a card!

5. The "Banner" Card
This was my favorite one from this batch, I am the banner crazy person after all!


This one uses pre cut pennant chip, that are covered with scrapbook paper, a twine is added to the card base before the pennants to create the banner look, finishing off with a flower and butterfly embellishment.

And that's a wrap, I'm off to study for my mid term! So see you all after that :)

Happy Crafting!
Farhana   

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my blog!