Paper Mania {February}

Its my 100th post! Wow, considering how rarely and irregularly I used to post when I started my blog, I'm surprised it took me just 3 years! I hope that I can keep blogging and sharing my 2 cents with the world :) As you all might have noticed, what started as a baking blog, has now become a place where I ramble about pretty much everything that happens in my life (hope I don't bore you guys TOO much). One of the things that I ramble about it crafting, paper crafting to be specific! And to fuel my obsession I can always show up at Ben Franklin! I recently joined their Paper Mania meetings, and now get to find out about more products and techniques to enable me :D


For February, there were sample papers from My Mind's Eye's Hello World collection. The theme for the year is "you", leading to this months tasks :
- create something using the samples provided (scrapbook layout or cards)
- create a bucket list
- print pictures
and the techinique taught was embossing using an embossing marker.

Using what I was given I created the following scrapbook layout.


I made the layout before spring break, so I'm going add the pictures after I get back :)


After the scrapbook page, I was staring at the leftover paper and the card maker in me thought a little punching and washi tape could work wonders :)


I used some colored cardstock and card base from my stash, added a little glitter washi tape from Pick Your Plum and butterfly punch outs from Martha Stewart. I added a little dimension using foam tape to lift the butterflies.


These cards were so easy that I ended up making a bunch! It really is a great way to use up scraps!


This card was made using the tag from the technique take n make during paper mania. Detail about it can be found here.


And I decided to make my bucket list in my smash book (no laughing :P)


Lastly, I printed me some groovebooks :D


Happy Crafting!
Farhana   

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!