#craftingnotcoding: Roses for Mothers Day Card

Can you feel summer in the air? I know it only spring, and I still have 50ish days till I can fully enjoy summer and all that it has to offer, but the weather is just teasing me to drop everything and just sit outside. Its really lovely to come home when there is still light outside, be able to go for walks without a huge jacket and best of all I can have the heat off and the doors/windows open!


Spring means that Mother's Day is around the corner and the perfect excuse for me to make card! This one is using Love Grows from Newton's Nook Designs and Neon Inks from Hero Arts.


To make this card, I first embossed multiple roses and leaves on a scrap piece of white paper using versamark ink and white embossing powder and a heat gun. Then using a sponge dauber slowly blend in the neon ink on to the flowers and the leafs. Once they are all colored in, fussy cut and set aside and prep the card base that they will go on. For the card base use a sponge dauber to blend in a blue background, and then stamp the sentiment using any darker shade of blue that you might have, I used Bahama Blue from Memento Inks. Lastly add/layer the cut flowers and leaves on to the card base. I used both my ATG gun and some foam tape


All that is left to do is sign it and mail it!

(Sidenote : if anyone wants this card or something similar, perhaps with a different sentiment, please let me know, I'll be glad to make one for you :) )

 Happy Crafting!
Farhana   

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!