Theme Week 1 : Day 5 of Mother's Day Cards

If you are back again today, please do leave a comment letting me know how much you liked and whether or not I should do this again. I'm think around round for father's day? Now that will be a challenge as I am not good with masculine cards!


For today's card, I kept it really simple. No fussy cutting required. Just stamping and coloring. I fell in love with this Hot off the Press stamp set after seeing a post on Craftwarehouse's instagram. Their customer service is so amazing that they responded immediately to my comments and let me know that they was one left at the location that I go to. I immediately got on the phone, and they were kind enough to put it on hold for me :)


So, I took the leap and have started exploring alcohol markers! I decided not to loose an arm and a leg and get copics ($4-7/per marker depending on where you shop and what deals you get), instead at a friend's recommendation I went with Spectrum Noir and so far I really like them. They come in packs of 6, so that you can blend and shade. I got the pinks and greens as I have mostly flower stamps. Guess how much? Both packs cost me $13.14 (love 60% off coupons at Joann's!!). And I think I love the results that I got.


I used memento tuxedo black to stamp the flowers. Make sure to let the ink dry to make sure that marker inks don't bleed. I was really happy with the results that I got and lets just say that I'll be keeping my eye on the Joann site for more 60% off coupons :D


And with that we come to the end of my first theme week!! I really hope that I inspired you to get crafty and creative! Thanks for following along :)

Just in case :
Monday's card can be found here.
Tuesday's card can be found here.
Wednesday's card can be found here.
Thursday's card can be found here.

 Happy Crafting!
Farhana   

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!