The "Hamsa" Cookie

Am I back on the same day? Let's just say that I am trying to play catch up as I have a bunch of products to share with all of you. Dalia of Once Upon a Eid was so kind as to send me a box full of baking goodies, beautifully and creative goodies! I am so excited to use them and play around with the different cutters!


I was hard to decide which cookie cutter to use first, then I noticed the hamsa hand cutter (I didn't even know what a hamsa hand was till as while ago). It even came with matching stencils. Stencils seem to be the new thing in cookie decorating, I don't know why I waited this long to try them out.


I am not a fan of too much frosting on cookies, its a tad bit too sweet for me. So I decided to go with a chocolate cookie and white royal icing. This way I spent more time figuring out the technique, also because I didn't do a base frosting layer, drying time was almost nothing!


When making the royal icing, I made it really think, so that it was easily spreadable. Then I placed the stencil on the cookie, spread the icing with a spatula and scraped the icing off using a pan scraper. Then I carefully "peeled" off the stencil leaving an almost a clean image that dried within minutes. It took a bit of practice, but I eventually got it! Can you tell which one I was the first one I tried?


I am in love with the stencils and how easy the technique is! I see myself using this set A LOT! Thanks again to Dalia for such a lovely product!


As I mentioned, the cookie cutter and the stencils come as a set, but you can easily pipe designs onto the cookie, I'm thinking cookies for a henna party, maybe?


Come back again tomorrow when I will be sharing another set of stencils that I received from Once Upon a Eid, and another technique of using them.

The "Hamsa" Cookie

Ingredients
a batch of chocolate cookie dough
a batch of royal icing
spatula and pot scraper

Method

  1. Roll out and cut the cookie dough using the hamsa hand cutter. Bake and cool.
  2. While the cookies are baking and cooling, make the icing, Make sure that it is very stiff and spreadable.
  3. Once the cookie has cooled, lay the stencil on the cookie and spread the royal icing on the stencil with a spatula, and immediately scrap it off. Then carefully lift the stencil off the cookie.
  4. Allow the icing to dry for a few minutes before serving or storing.

Enjoy!
Farhana

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

1 comment:

  1. Salam! These look great! Nice job :) I wonder how they would have turned out using powdered sugar instead? I think I'm going to try it!
    www.jamillahsjems.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!