Birthday Shaker Cards

yes! I'm back again :) I know it's only been a day and guess what I'm working on another post for tomorrow! Yep three days in a row, wonder how long this is going to last! I did tell you that I have a lot of cards to share and even more ideas of cards to make!


So the story behind making these cards so quickly is the fact that I've been hoarding the dies for a year! I got them at last year from Impress Cards and Crafts annual sale! So when this year's sale weekend rolled around, I figured I should at least try and use some of my dies! Again these cards are super easy and I had them finished in minutes in between chores.


To start the card I created a background mat using a scalloped die, then diecut the sentiment frame from some coordinating card stock. To create the shaker element, I die cut the same frame sentiment from craft foam in a similar color. Using a small pair of scissors I removed the sentiment from the foam leaving only the outline border. Then using your favorite adhesive stack up the sentiment, foam frame and transparency. Fill it with sequins and attach it to the background mat. Stick the whole thing onto a notecard, add some wink of Stella and start shaking!!


Supplies used:

  1. Right at Home Stamps // Stamped and Sealed Box
  2. Impress Cards and Crafts // STITCHED HAPPY BIRTHDAY CIRCLE FRAME
  3. Impress Cards and Crafts // Birthday Die (Impress exclusive from Memory Box) [no longer available) 
  4. Mama Elephant // BASIC SET - CREATIVE CUTS
Be sure to come back on tomorrow for a fun post that's part of a blog hop!
Happy Crafting!
Farhana   

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!